Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rant and Happy Chanukah!

12/21/11
1:42 AM

I often say, "I'm not a morning person, I'm not a night person, I'm a Midnight person." It is 1:42 AM, and I don't even feel drowsy. I just drank a cup of milk that I warmed in the Microwave, but have yet to feel the effects. (it tasted a bit sour to me, but whatever)

Today, I saw part 3 of 5 of my X-men movie marathon with Ruchi. We each watched the movie on our prospective computers in our prospective homes, but communicated through twitter. I shared my extensive knowledge of comics, and we discussed the fact that it is basically one big metaphor for Gay and Gay pride. (sans the killing, you know). One thing you should know about Ruchi; (She thinks) she's gay. I put in the (she thinks) because I refuse to believe it. She never was "frum" to begin with, and over the 6.5 years of our "light-switch" friendship, I have tried to be "mekarev" her. When she "came out" to me, I honestly cried for over an hour.

Anyways, before we actually saw the movie, we discussed marriage. (or actually, Ruchi ranted). The topic came up, because a very close friend of ours (she was also trying to be Mekarev Ruchi) got engaged recently. Ruchi was sharing her opinions on how she thinks that marriage is the end of all relationships. At one point, she said "I have never been in a relationship that lasted for longer than a week." I honestly hope that she meant online relationships.

I'm seriously torn about her. All I've been taught is that people like that deserve to be stoned. I prefer to think as the people as afflicted by desires they cant control. They only should be punished if they actually do "the" act. That's my opinion, and I feel that that is the stand of the Torah, but people misconstrue it to mean "all gay people are evil and must die." Yes, the act is unnatural, yes, it "is an abomination", but what about the people who are stuck feeling a certain way? They are at the mercy of their feelings, and I think they should be pitied, not hated.

Anyway, I just realized that the title of this post is "Happy Channukah!" and I have yet to say anything about it! Today was really good, except for the fact that I overslept. (had to do with the fact that I was up 'till who-knows-when setting up this blog) I didn't end up going to Seminary today, but I did end up getting to School (teaching) on time to teach my double period, only to find that my first period was taken over by a school assembly about Chanukah. This was the second time that a period of mine was taken without my being informed. I feel like I'm pretty much the odd teacher out in the school. It must be the fact that I'm the youngest teacher there. (I'm one year out of High School, and I'm teaching High School already.) Anyway, I ended up finishing up teaching about the Phases of the Moon, and we spent the extra time at the end of the period "schmoozing" and playing a game called "if and then." It was quite fun, except for the point where one girl wrote an insult to another girl as her "if". To say the least, I was very disapointed... in two girls. The one who wrote it, and the one who read it aloud. The girl who picked it out of the pile should have realized it wasn't nice to read it aloud.

Anyway, I enjoyed sitting in front of the Menorah today, for the first time in a year. I think that Chanukah is my favorite Yom Tov. It's so relaxing and peaceful. The only thing that wasn't perfect about it was the fact that Chaim, as always, went up to his room to play on his computer as soon as he lit the candles. It's like it's all rote to him. As if there's no meaning.

Anyway, I probably should get to bed, as I would like to get to Seminary tomorrow.

Good Night!

Sarah Dina
2:05 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment