Wednesday, December 28, 2011

At Day's End


12/28/11
11:59 PM

So I just calculated how long it would take to watch everything on the Extended DVDs of LotR. It comes out to 5,477 minutes, or 91 hours, 12 minutes. That's not counting the rifftrax, theatrical cut, or regular dvd special features. That's nearly 4 days. Without sleep. Who needs webcomics or podcasts to Archive Binge? And as for Star Wars? You wish they had that much footage. 

So today I had a bit of a discussion with my students about how the Earth isn't 4 billion years old. We discussed why the Mabul (Great Flood) was needed, and I connotated sitting in a bathtub for three hours makes you look old to the world being submerged for 40 days and 40 nights. Obviously it makes it seem older. We also discussed how the younger things are the quicker they age. We discussed The Bermuda Triangle, in connection with the Ten Tribes. All this from a simple reading comprehension exercise about the Earth and Mars.

I had many students come over to me apologizing for not coming. I told them they should be apologizing to themselves, because when I realized that they weren't coming, I invited my friends and cousins! (I "forgot" to mention that everyone turned me down except for one cousin.)

Well, I'm off to bed, going to sleep early tonight. I'll see ya on the flip side!

Good night!

Sarah Dina

12/28/11
12:12 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment