Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quick(ish) Post

9:35 PM 9/18/12

First of all, Happy 5773! 

Remember that old Country Yossi song (from his WANTED tape)? 

"In the year..." 

What was it again he said would happen in Tof Shin Ayin Gimmel? :D 

Anyway, this is going to be a quick post because I'm using the family computer because, major surprise, my computer died.

Well, way back in February, they told me it was in the process of dying, but i didn't really worry, and so here I am, no computer.

But, B"H, around Pesach time, I bought an iPad for my parents. Which I've since commandeered. They don't seem to mind much, since they're not exactly technologically inclined.

Looking over my posts from the past while, I realized that I didn't even mention the fact that I had the Lap-Band Surgery in February.

Yeah, so I had the Lap-Band surgery.

So far, I've lost about 30 lbs. I haven't lost so much recently because I haven't gone in for an adjustment for a while (long story... basically I'm not good with rescheduling when a doctor cancels on me... oops) and I'm kinda freaking out because my port area kind of hurts every once in a while. 

I need to call the doctor for an adjustment appointment, but I'm worried that he's going to tell me that my port moved out of place, and i'm going to need another surgery.

Oh, and another thing that is making me worry about that is the fact that I tried to get it adjusted by a doctor that was trained by him in the mountains, but he couldn't do it. So yeah, kinda nervous here.

Anyway, other than that, no real news... Besides for the fact that I'm not teaching this year anymore.

Yeah, they offered me another job, but I wanted to finish up my college ASAP. At this point I still need another two and a half years. 

Also, another new thing is that Chaim spent $1,400 in iTunes. I'm working on getting it back-

Wait, did she just say $1,400? That must be a typo. Nopes. He spent One Thousand, Four Hundred and Eight Dollars at my last calculation. 

How did that happen, you wonder? 

Well, he earned money this past summer from YouthCorps, and set up iTunes to take money from his card as opposed to my mothers, and then set up his card to warn him when he was down to $100 in his account. 

Good. Now the spending could start! He bought around $40 worth of in-app purchases a day, not realizing that somehow, his account was still linked to my mother's credit card. And so he kept spending, because he wasn't running his account low.

On Motzei Shabbos, my mother got a bill from the bank about an overdraft fee in one of her accounts (college tuition, don't worry, it's sorted), so logged into her account on the computer to see if anything else was happening. Boy was something happening!

She nearly blacked out. 

Thankfully, Chaim felt HORRIBLE. He was bawling about how sorry he was. (he's over 20 years old, btw)

I worked as a go-between and kept the two of them semi-calm.

I told my mother that this is a perfect opportunity to get him to get a job and settle down on something besides his computer, movies, games, and music. 

I told him that we can go through his DVDs and Games and put them up on Ebay to earn back some of the money. 

So far, minus the money he has left over from YouthCorps, he owes my mother $1,100. We're going over his DVDs tomorrow, and he's about to start looking for a job.

After all this was sorted out, I bought them both Ice Cream. :D

Oh, By the way, my father doesn't know any of this. 

Thankfully, he was away for shabbos. I say thankfully, because if he would have been present, we all would have been screaming and shouting and basically acting like the crazy family we haven't acted like for a really long time.

My mother is holding the "telling Totty" thing over Chaim's head though, in case he decides he doesn't want to get a job.

Life with an brother with aspergers is complicated. 

Oh, by the way, I'm currently dealing with iTunes to try to get some money back, and I think the woman I'm dealing with is actually going to help! :D BARUCH HA-SHEM!!!
but don't tell Chaim. Because if he knew, he may not want to get the job.

So yeah, I have to get back to working on sorting out the purchase numbers from his account. 

And do some of my homework for college. 

I'll scan in some for my next post hopefully.

Oh didn't I tell you?

I'm taking some art classes in college. 


anyway, i really have to go.

Sarah Dina

10:07 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment